Last Updated March 23, 2022
Please read this Terms of Service agreement (the “Agreement”) carefully. Your access to or use of the Site (as defined below) constitutes your agreement to be bound by this Agreement.
Terms for the Use of Bread FinancialTM Websites
This Agreement is between you and Bread Financial and its current and future affiliates including but not limited to Comenity Capital Bank and Comenity Bank (referred to below as “Company,” “we,” “us” and “our”) concerning your use of this website (including any subdomains or web pages of this domain, regardless of any third-party branding contained on such pages) from which you are accessing this Agreement (together with any successor site(s), the “Site”).
- Acceptance of Terms. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines that we may post on the Site. We may make changes to this Agreement (and to any such additional rules and guidelines) from time to time. We may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when we last changed this Agreement by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend above. Your access to or use of the Site following changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of those changes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any changes to this Agreement shall not apply to any dispute between you and Company arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised version of this Agreement incorporating such changes or otherwise notified you of such changes. We may, at any time, modify or discontinue all or part of the Site; charge, modify or waive any fees required to use the Site; or offer opportunities to some or all Site users. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates, or our or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensors or providers (collectively with Company, the “Company Entities”) shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and/or operated from the United States, and is not intended to subject Company to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws, except as otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. If you access or use the Site, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
- Rules of Conduct. While using the Site, you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your access to and use of the Site is conditioned upon your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this Section 4; your failure to comply with any such rule may result in termination of your access to or use of the Site (or any part thereof) pursuant to Section 12 below.
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site the following:
- Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Any information or materials that are or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory or libelous; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right without the express written consent of the owner of such right.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as “hacking,” “cracking,” or “phreaking.”
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Any material, non-public information about a company without the proper authorization to do so.
- Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Use the Site to violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of Company; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without Company’s express prior written consent.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirement, procedure, policy or regulation of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, adapt, translate, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of (or any access to or use of) the Site without Company’s express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Site without Company’s express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and store Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without Company’s express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to the following sentence, Company grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Such permission is subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the Site’s root directory, and Company reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site the following:
- Registration; User Names and Passwords. You will need to register to use all or part of the Site. You represent and warrant that all information submitted to Company or Company Entities in connection with such registration is complete and accurate. We may reject, or require that you change, any user name, password or other information that you provide to us in registering. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential. You, and not Company, are responsible for any use or misuse of your user name or password, and you must promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name or password, or your Site account.
- Company’s Proprietary Rights. We and/or our licensors and suppliers own the information and materials made available through the Site. Such information and materials are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in advance by us, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on, all or any part of the Site or any information or materials made available through the Site. Our trade names, trademarks, and service marks include COMENITY and Stylized O, stylized b and stylized b coin, Bread Financial™, BreadPay™, Bread Splitpay™, Bread Loans™, and Bread Savings™, as well as all other trade names, trademarks, and service marks and any associated logos. All trademarks, service marks and logos on the Site not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks or service marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trade names, trademarks or service marks without the express prior written consent of the owner.
- Links to or From Other Sites. The Site may provide links to or feeds from websites and other online resources. Except as otherwise expressly stated by us on the Site, we are not affiliated or associated with the operators of any third-party websites or other resources that link to or are linked from the Site. Company and Company Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on third-party websites or resources that link to or are linked from the Site. We cannot ensure your satisfaction with any products or services that are available through any third party website or resource that links to or is linked from the Site, because these third-party websites and resources are owned and operated by independent entities. We do not endorse any of the products or services, nor have we taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, made available through any third-party websites or resources, and we make no representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including without limitation credit card and other personal information) that you may provide or be requested to provide to any third-party, whether through such a third-party website or resource, or otherwise.
- Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability. Important: The Site and any goods, services, content, information and materials (including third party goods, services, content, information and materials) made available through or in connection with the Site are provided to you “as is” without any express representations or warranties of any kind, and each of the Company and Company Entities disclaim all statutory or implied representations, warranties, terms and conditions with respect to the Site and all goods, services, content, information and materials (including third party goods, services, content, information and materials) made available through or in connection with the Site, including any representations or warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement and title. You agree that you must evaluate, and that you bear all risks associated with, the use of the Site, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any materials available through the Site.
- Indemnity. Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company and Company Entities from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site; or (b) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Company, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site, your user name and password and/or any files or information associated with your user name, at any time and for any reason, including if Company believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement (including if you repeatedly engage in copyright infringement via or in connection with the Site). Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that the Company Entities shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. Sections 1-4, 6–13 and 15 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- Governing Law; Arbitration. The terms of this Agreement are governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location.
- Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the two web sites GetNetWise (http://www.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that Company does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such site.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or agency relationship between you and Company. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicence without our express prior written consent. Any such attempted assignment, transfer or sublicense shall be void. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only for convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. The term “including” as used herein means “including without limitation.” This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms that we post on the Site and, except as otherwise expressly stated herein, this Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Company relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Company relating to such subject matter, but expressly excluding any such written or oral agreements relating to investment or financial transactions with Company or any Company Entity. To the extent of any irreconcilable conflict between the terms of such agreements relating to investment or financial transactions and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of such agreements relating to investment or financial transactions will govern. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by e-mail, or by regular mail, in Company’s discretion. Without limitation, you agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given hereunder in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Company will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any of Company’s obligations due to causes beyond its control.