What should I do if my account information is lost, stolen or compromised?
If your information is lost, stolen or compromised, or you notice suspicious activity, please contact the Customer Care team that supports your account immediately.
- Credit card accounts: Call the phone number on the back of your credit card or on your statement. You can also find the number by searching for your card and visiting Account Center.
- Bread Loans and Bread Pay™ accounts: Call 1-844-992-7323.
- Bread Savings accounts: Call 1-833-755-4354.
How can I help keep my password secure?
You’ll create a unique username and password to access your accounts. When creating or resetting your password, keep these tips in mind:
- Choose a strong password that’s a combination of numbers, symbols and uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Avoid using simple passwords, personal information like family names, or anything that could be easily learned about you.
- Change your password often, generally, every three months.
- Only save your username and password on personal devices, preferably in a password manager app that’s designed for securely storing passwords. Keep the information private and avoid writing it down.
How can I help keep my personal information secure?
Protecting your privacy and account security is our top priority. We use the latest technology to encrypt your personal information. This includes your account numbers, Social Security number, name, address, phone number and email.
Here are some ways you can also help protect your information:
- Make sure you connect to your financial accounts using a trusted network, rather than an unknown one or public Wi-Fi.
- When accessing your account in public, be aware of anyone who may be watching.
- Confirm you’re on a secure website by checking for a padlock or key symbol next to the web address in your browser.
- Watch for email alerts letting you know changes were made to your account.
How can I help protect my account against fraud?
While we’re working to protect you from unauthorized use of your account, you can also take steps to keep it safer.
- Never let an unauthorized user have access to your account information.
- Keep your cell phone number and other contact information updated so we can verify your identity if needed.
- Connect to trusted or virtual private networks when sending personal or financial information. Never use an unsecured email or public Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Store account documents and credit cards in a safe place.
- Activate and sign your credit cards.
You can get more account security tips by visiting the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website.
Is it safe for me to email Bread Financial about my account?
If you need to contact us, you can call us or use the contact information included on your account statement. If you do email us, never include confidential account or personal information. This is because email is not encrypted, so it’s not a secure form of communication.
To help safeguard your personal and account information, be on the alert for phone, email and mail security risks.
- Do not share personal or account information by email or respond to unsolicited emails.
- Be wary of emails asking for personal or financial information.
- Don’t open links or attachments if you don’t know the sender.
- Never share personal or account information over the phone unless you made the call.
- Hang up if you’re unsure about the person or organization calling you.
- Never respond to an unsolicited text message asking for personal or financial information.
- Notify your carrier immediately if your phone is lost or stolen.
- Go paperless to reduce the risk of mail fraud.
- Let us know if an account statement or a new credit card does not arrive when expected.
- Don’t include a Social Security number or driver’s license number on a mailed check.